PDA

View Full Version : Newell Classic Emergency exit in case of fire

Newell Attack
10-22-2012, 04:39 AM
I have often wondered what would happen in case of a fire in our Newell,especially while we were asleep after reading about the Wanderlodge fire and seeing the photos of that burned Newell on the forum. Our newell is a an older coach so I don't think it has an emergency exit or does it? and not sure how we would be able to get out of it in case of a fire in case of an emergency. Anyone else ever think about this? and if so whats your answers

Jeff

prairieschooner
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I will be going out through one of the bedroom windows. I am sure that when scared enough that would be no problem.

NewellCrazy
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
My concern has been if I could get the window open in time.

Concerning the drop, if you have a concern I would carry a small step ladder and set it up outside the window when parked.

DavidBall
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
My plan is to help the wife out the window first and lower her to the ground. Next the furry child, then me over the side. Amount of smoke will be the issue. Need to practice holding my breath. Probably investing in several of the emergency oxygen bags would be wise

Texas Pete
10-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Many great answers here. I may have problem and will need a extra size window. My DW says I may have to go down with the ship as my butt will be a problem.

Neweller
10-23-2012, 02:49 AM
The one thing nice about the newer Newell's is the larger windows. The salon's are great but then again they are already close to the entry. Larger windows in the bedroom might be an option for consideration and most are not all that big which is surprising. Have any members ever enlarged their bedrooms? I may consider it on the next coach.