PDA

View Full Version : Do any of the other luxury coach builders offer level floor slide-outs like Newell?

Gone Busing
10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
I read a couple of threads here on the Newell forum that Newell's appear to be the only one's offering level floor slides. If so, why is this?

WessH345
11-10-2012, 02:29 AM
There are other bus converters who are building level slide coaches. This not exclusive to only Newell. I was in a Prevost conversion at the Tampa RV Show it had level floor slides. Newell may have been one of the first companies to offer this and not without their share of early day problems.

Neweller
11-10-2012, 03:02 AM
WessH345, you are saying you have actually been in a coach that the slides go completely level like the Newell's? I was just down at Newell a few weeks ago and they told the three of us that Newell was the only company offering level floor slides. Now, our guide which I won't mention, said that another competitor had something supposedly in the works but it sounded like it wasn't ready to go yet, like it was some kind of secret. I would really like to know which company has this so I can verify it. I'm not questioning what you are stating, just would like to get some concrete info firsthand.

I would really appreciate it, thanks.

WessH345
11-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Sorry for the late response. I dug up the name of the one company that I seen level floor slides on. The company is Featherlite. From what I learned the Featherlite level floor slide system is improved over what Newell builds. They made sure to build an advanced design.

express1
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Back in 03 we traveled often in Cannon's Travel Supreme Select it had level floors on front slides, not in the two rear.

JAYANNWINTER
11-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I can verify that Featherlite is building a wonderful coach on the Prevost chassis and it has super nice level floor slides. The company is obviously a leader on many fronts and I would tend to agree with WessH345. My guess would be to put Featherlite on above all other Prevost converters.

I believe there are a few misconception out there regarding many RV manufacturers including Newell. A lot of them want or like to be known for innovation firsts and many are under a whisper.

JAYANNWINTER
11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
wrong post, moderator please delete.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I was under the impression that Newell Coach manufactured the only level floor slide, guess I was wrong! :confused:

86loco
11-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Jimmy, this was always our impression too. I remember someone actually saying that Newell had a patent on the design and I thought it was during a factory once upon a time. I guess you only have to change something like 10% or so and a person or company can produce a competitive product. Usually you have to build it better to compete on something high dollar.