PDA

View Full Version : How do I flush my Primus heat?

jdaniel
10-26-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm getting ready to list my 1991 and the Primus heat used to work but now it doesnt. Living in the south I have not fooled with it, my electric heaters are way more than enough. Ive heard these units need to be flushed from time to time. How exactly do you do that? Thanks!

Rudra
10-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Jimmy do you have the Primus 2490 system? Did it work fine the last time you had used it?

jdaniel
10-26-2012, 05:28 PM
I have two Primus units. One for the front and one for the rear. The front one quit working a couple of years ago and I noticed the rear wasnt working this year. Like I said, I never used them anyway but I need to make sure they work before I sell it. Any idea what the flushing procedure is?

Neweller
10-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Jimmy, are you having a starting problem with both? I have a collection of most of the Primus manuals and will look through them.

jdaniel
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks so much. Im not sure if its a starting problem or not. They both worked fine when I bought it but I never used them. Couple of years ago I was playing around with them and noticed the front had quit working but the rear still worked fine. Now the rear is not working either. I thought I had read that sediment will set up in them if not used and regular flushing was recommended. I just wanted to know where to hook the hose to and what the flushing steps would be?

NewellCrazy
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi Jimmy,

Don't know if your still searching for help with your Primus Unit. If you are here is the service manual for the Primus 2490.

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/attachments/hvac/3144d1352835612-how-do-i-flush-my-primus-heat-primus-2490-serv.-man-001.pdf

Sean

jdaniel
11-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Thanks! I got the electric side of the Primus working today and its fine. Now I have to figure out why neither boiler side is working. The boilers don't light. May be the solenoid in each?? They have just not been used for years because in the south the electric heaters inside are quicker and more than enough to provide heat. Can't leave them on for long or it gets too hot. These coaches are so well insulated that it just doesn't take much to heat the inside.

jdaniel
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Replaced thermostat was we are GOOD TO GO!! Front and rear heating like a champ!

NEWELLWIZARD
11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
:thumbsup: Good you wouldn't want to freeze your tush!

jdaniel
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
:thumbsup: Good you wouldn't want to freeze your tush!
We don't freeze too much in the south. Much more important to have those a/c s blowing!! :laugh: