PDA

View Full Version : Best coffee maker for life in the Newell, how about a French Press?

Rudra
10-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Coffee maker took a dump today and now it is time to replace it. I have an old stand Mr. Coffee, but is appears to leak periodically. The wife is thinking we should try out a French Press. Any users around here like the idea or have suggestions on the use? Thanks

MrE
10-26-2012, 01:56 PM
The French press will make a great cup of coffee but it is more manual than I like. Number one issue I have is that you can't put it on a timer and wake up to a fresh cup of coffee. My preference for a coffee maker is one with an insulated carafe, can't stand the burnt taste that you get from coffee makers with a warming plate. If you're just an occasional coffee drinker you might also consider a Keurig.

Randy J
10-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I drink to much coffee to mess around with one of those. ;)

1993Newell
10-26-2012, 08:09 PM
A french press would be great for those rving. Because they don't take up a lot of space and are easily portable. If you are particular about your cup of coffee tasting the same every time then a french press might not work for you as I have heard the inconsistency is a problem. Just my thoughts...

GORDON HUMMEL
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/interior-works/2358-coffee-maker-upgrade.html
Above is a link to a thread back in July that has some good info & answers on this topic.

When I was new to this site, I found that by doing a search on the subject, usually revealed a previous similiar question. By continuing that original thread, the info stays together for further use by new members.

Hugo
10-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Gordon, good thought, but I don't believe it always matters if all topics relating to say coffee makers needs to be in the same thread. Sometimes people want a new fresh opinion on a subject but I think it's helpful to share a link with someone if there are already similar threads.

A french press is a great option if you do not want extra things to plug in it would work out great. :thumbsup:

trentone
10-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Once you get the hang of it a french press does a great job. You can boil water at your fire pit and then pour it into the press. Awesome and fun.