PDA

View Full Version : what is the average cost for full hookups?

GringoPhil
10-26-2012, 07:35 PM
what would people say the going rate for full hookups is across the country? I have noticed that the prices seems to be around $30.00 Per night. Is that fair to assume from east to west coast?

Phil

NewellCrazy
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes 30.00 Dollars is the Norm pretty much. The price keeps going up and up and there is nothing we can do about it. You can always purchase a camping and campgrounds membership and stay at their parks for 10 dollars a night for full hookups.

The Newell
10-27-2012, 12:41 AM
If you don't want to get stuck paying those prices at campgrounds then I would recommend finding and purchasing a discount camping membership.

NEWELLWIZARD
10-27-2012, 01:40 AM
I would say so for the most part. But still give or take in some places it could be more and other places less. If you like the places you stay at for the price make sure to keep record so you can be sure to stop there again. Some places are worth a few extra dollars and others you will wish you hadn't paid what you did.

Neweller
10-27-2012, 04:08 AM
A lot of newellers are paying $40.00-60.00 dollars per night at big rig resorts. We stayed with a family member in their Newell at Motorcoach County Club in Indio, CA for about $100 bucks a night. It is what it is.

fulltiming
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
We just got back from a 5 week trip and where we paid for campgrounds I would say the average was around $30/night. We paid $23.40 in Marietta, OK, $22 in Linsborg, KS, $38 in Spearfish, SD, $32 in Rapid City, SD, $38 in Lusk, WY, $34 in Cheyenne, WY, $50 in Golden, CO, $35 in Raton, NM, $45 in Santa Fe, NM, $42 in Santa Rosa, NM, $28 in Amarillo, TX, $29 in Oklahoma City, OK, $37 in Burleson, TX, and $42 in Austin, TX.

One way to reduce the amount you pay is to stay longer. Most campgrounds have weekly and monthly rates at a significant reduction from the daily rate. Most of the rates listed above were daily rates. There was also a SIGNIFICANT difference in the quality of those facilities with some of the lowest being just acceptable although they all had full hookups and 50 amp service while some of the more expensive were beautiful resorts with paved concrete sites, swimming pools, etc.

prairieschooner
10-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Here in Southern California the rates are significantly more! The State Parks are at least $35.00 for Dry-Camping! Just finished a trip up the coast and the least we paid was $44.00/Night and the most was $66.00 (San Fransisco).
Sorry I misspoke the least we paid was $0.00 but we did have to pay the dues. While at Thousand Trails or Colorado River Adventures we didn't have any charges. If you decide to join TT or CRA PM me so I can get a commission and share it with you (shameful plug).
The problem is that we have only found 30 Amp Service. I am sure that there other memberships available but if you don't use them, you are wasting you money by joining.

CRA;
Campgrounds & RV Parks in Arizona & California : Colorado River Adventures (http://www.coloradoriveradventures.com/)
Thousand Trails;
Thousand Trails - America's Finest Outdoor Getaways, Membership RV Parks and Campgrounds (http://www.thousandtrails.com/)

fulltiming
10-27-2012, 03:16 PM
I will add to Steve's post that we are members of Escapees and if you use their parks you can save money (frequently rates of less than $20/night with 50 amp service although a limited number of locations). Being a member of Good Sams or FMCA or AAA will save you 10% of many parks. I am a life member of Good Sam and the park discounts have paid for my membership many times over. I am also a member of FMCA.

speedingsport
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
The average cost across the country in a RV campground per night for full hook-ups the rates range from $30-$50.00. For a RV Park Resort you're looking at a bit more. Then you must consider the site for example the water front spots are always more.