PDA

View Full Version : Do you read RV magazines?

Roader
10-26-2012, 07:39 PM
What RV magazines do you read and do you buy from a newstand or subscribe.

Thanks for your input,

Roader

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-26-2012, 08:42 PM
FMCA, Escapees, and Good Sam. All by membership.

1993Newell
10-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Occasionally I'll pick up a Motorhome Magazine.

bigcatwally
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I read everything I need online. :thumbsup:

NewellCrazy
10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Nope!! Used to get Motor home mag., but lack of info on the real rvs and price increases in subscription caused it to go byebye.

Neweller
10-26-2012, 10:51 PM
I have not bought any RV related magazines for a very long time. There is way more viable information online. When I think about how much advertising money company's like the Affinity Group get from manufacturers and such, it is downright ridiculous compared to the economics of return on investment from the internet. What does that tell you? Magazine sales are at a all time low. Sure sometimes it's nice to touch and feel. They say most people buy magazines to read on airplanes and such, but that is changing with the ebook readers and laptops.

MrE
10-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I actually read an article about TV antennas in Motorhome magazine while I was at the dentist's office earlier this week. I felt it wasn't very well written or informative, almost like they solicited the manufacturers for money prior to publishing.

The Newell
10-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Same answer here as well none for the reason that none of the Mags have the info I am looking for. Now if a Mag came out that posted real problems etc. straight from the person having the problem with the solution now I would like to read that!!!

NEWELLWIZARD
10-27-2012, 01:36 AM
I agree I think Motorhome Magazine is a joke! Don't waste your money folks!

HoosierDaddy
10-27-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm kind of a magazine junky...Especially automotive/mechanical/home construction etc. The only RV mags I recieve are Family Motor Coaching via my FMCA membership and Airstream Life.
The FMCA mag is mediocre at best..Many articles seem to be written like a term paper where the student had to write 500 words etc. Air Stream Life is good. Usually some great graphics and interesting articles. One of the best ever was a publication called Private Coach. Private Coach, started by Bill Conner was beautiful and interesting, featuring mostly bus conversions. They "folded' after a couple years. I recieved "Bus Conversions" magazine for a while before buying my Newell but they were not very well organized, they Didn't process my renewal request so I gave up. I think they are still publishing at least sporadically.

Stylin Monster
10-27-2012, 02:42 AM
FMCA is a somewhat descent mag I guess. I agree with others that Motorhome mag falls quite short. A friend worked for the publisher of Motorhome and TrailerLife mags, and just the back page of Motorhome mag I believe cost $50,000 per month which is astronomical in my mind. The publisher does not make the money from the crappy sales of the magazines but from the advertisers. That is why they keep them existent. A lot of publishers push advertisers on their combined online stats and paper print, but the return to the advertisers is mostly via the print. (suckers!):flapper: Some car mags are still worth reading.

Chipper
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I have not found them to valuable since the onset of the world wide web. Sites like this offer so much more and it is free.

David Carrol
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
If the mag's would publish more information on every day real world items... problems with, parks, breakdowns, new items,etc. Plus more information on fixes for all of the previous...
And leave out the previews of RV's that are aimed at a limited number of RVers. Reviews of TT's, 5er's, MH's, etc. that the average person can afford and is interested in is fine.
When a mag. starts publishing the information that we RV'ers use everyday, that is the mag. that I will subscribe to...

speedingsport
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree with the others who say they read all they want online. I was a big magazine guy for years but as the internet keeps growing with information I found that I don't need to collect magazines that I'll only read once.