PDA

View Full Version : Power Washing?

Newell Boss
10-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Who power washes their rv's ? Should I be scared that it will take the paint off the side of the motor home? What do you recommend when wanting to have our coach power washed from top to bottom before being put away for winter?

The Newell
10-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Yes the biggest factor will be if you get to close will be your paint. I think it would be okay to pressure wash it if you want but you would need to stand X amount of feet away this way you don't harm the decals or paint etc. The easiest thing to do would be to just wash it without a pressure washer.

MrE
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
I have a 3000psi pressure washer that I use on mine. I use the 25 degree tip and don't get it closer than 12" from the surface and haven't had any problems removing paint. I don't have any decals so I can't speak on that.

stewart33
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I have never used a pressure washer on my coach but I know people who have and like MrE said don't get closer than 12" from the surface and you should be okay. If you are worried about it then I would hire a professional to do it.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-30-2012, 11:23 PM
While traveling this summer, I had mine washed at a commercial truck wash and they use pressure hoses with long necks. No problem.

prairieschooner
10-31-2012, 03:58 AM
I would not use a pressure washer on our 30 year old coach. But having said that I still wash and wax buy hand, just old school I guess but aren't most of us?