PDA

View Full Version : Who uses a water pressure gauge on shore connection and why?

Dom Ferris
10-31-2012, 04:31 PM
I was considering putting together a regulator and pressure gauge for use on the stand pipe (faucet) at the CG's we visit. I use a pressure reducer but it seems to restrict the flow a too much. I've seen the recorder type gauges with hose style connections that indicate the highest water pressure. I would use that in conjunction with any equipment I would put together. I understand that Watts makes a good regulator. I'd like to have a small one.

Who all uses gauges and why?

prairieschooner
10-31-2012, 06:04 PM
I have a Regulator with Pressure Gauge that is permanently installed on the incoming line. Works well with no issues so far but I do Filter the Water coming in at the Spigot.
We also have a Charcoal Filter and RO System permanently installed.

Newell Attack
10-31-2012, 08:50 PM
We use a Watts pressure regulator. It is preset at 50 pounds. It works very well and the water flow is much improved . It is adjustable and I do have a pressure guage to test it. Most coaches can't handle pressure higher than 55 or 60 pounds and I wanted just a little extra safety margin.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I follow the practice of not connecting to campground water, but use the 160 gallons I have in my tank, and replenish as needed. The added advantage is that I do not have to be concerned about overfilling my sewer tank. Once in New Mexico, I connected my Country Coach to the campground, forgot to use the regulator, and returned to the coach a few hours later and the 110 lb. pressure flooded my coach. Lesson learned.