PDA

View Full Version : Engine Vibration

MiracleJ
11-04-2012, 01:57 AM
The motor runs smooth when first started and then a vibration begins as it warms up. Had it checked and found nothing, but the tech advised replacing the seals on the injectors. Did it and still vibrates. Now what?

Jerry

Neweller
11-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Hi Jerry, What engine are we talking about?

MiracleJ
11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Hello Neweller,

8V92TA

77newell
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Does the vibration feel like it's dropping a cylinder or two, like it's random, or just the level of vibration you feel increases. Vibration can mean lots of things so it helps to define what you are experiencing in more detail.

jon
77 coach

prairieschooner
11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I would advise starting with Fuel. Make sure that the Filters are changed and that they are the correct Micron for the application. I just changed mine and I am thinking that the Primary is about 30 Micron and the Secondary is about 10 Micron. You should also check the Water Separator, after that I advise looking at the Fuel Lines for possible leaks that could allow Air into the system.
The above would be 1st in my opinion, after that it may get a little more complicated. How long since having the Valves and the Rack Adjusted? A word of caution if you decide to check this it may be a good idea to have the Fuel Injectors checked or "popped", they check them with pressure to check the spray pattern. After that .... a great DD mechanic actually you will need one to run the rack and adjust the valves anyway.
Good luck.

NewellCrazy
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Check engine mount bushings. Check fan blade make sure all blades are there.