PDA

View Full Version : Using Lucas Injector Cleaner

Archie T. Hogan
11-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I plan on putting a gallon in tomorrow at fill up, I have two 200 gal fuel tank. I bought new fuel filters to put on, it sputters a couple of times at shifts to low RPM with puffs of smoke. I don't know exact procedure for trying to clean the injectors. I am going to try adding and running for a week and then change filters and add another gallon for a week and change filters again.

Am I just wasting my time or is there a proper procedure to follow that works best?

Archie

Paul Wilbert
11-05-2012, 09:14 PM
the best stuff i found to clean the injectors was howes the dark colored stuff but double dose it to get the best results.

Gimpy
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm not big on additives, but what I have seen the best results from is Stanadyne products, and I have seen all brands and the results....

Performance Formula - Stanadyne (http://www.stanadyne.com/view.php?id=74)

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I would question why you are having to change filters so often. If the injectors need cleaning, you should not have to change filters unless you have alge in the tank or bad fuel.

DavidBall
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I use the stuff in the gray bottle, service something or another,I cant recall the name it works good I do notice the engine runs smoother after about 1/2 tank,It also removes moisture from the fuel system. Too me it seems to work better than the Lucas.