PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy! My job is on the line because of Boeing now. I'm really nervous about it.

JetHot
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Don't know if there are any others on here that might be affected by the Boeing layoffs coming directly. I have a couple of other family members out in California that will be affected as well. Boeing just announced 200,000 layoffs. The company I work with is a sub-contractor for Boeing.

Randy J
11-08-2012, 11:52 PM
That's awful news. :thumbdn:

Neweller
11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
AMG, I'm really sorry to hear any of this kind of news. Is this news that just broke today or something? I just heard from a friend that works for Vestas in Colorado that he is getting laid off by the end of year. I would have thought with Obama staying in, that anything alternative energy would be doing the opposite. He also said that a Chinese company is trying to buy Vestas Wind Systems out. So, maybe that is how they will get that deal through?

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
11-09-2012, 01:34 PM
200,000? That really sucks. I don't blame you for being nervous about it. This really bites the big one! Re-elected = lot's of heartache. I hope and pray something will come along for you and all the folks who will be out of a job.