PDA

View Full Version : Best Tow Vehicle On The Market Today?

Retired63
11-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I thought I might be able to get some advice from others. I am in looking for a vehicle that I would be able to tow behind our newell. Here is what I would like. Something light weight, and automatic trans (wife can not drive a manual). Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help!

NewellCrazy
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I vote Honda, Most of their vehicles are designed to be towed 4 down.

prairieschooner
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Agreed. We have a 2002 Honda CR-V and it has been basically trouble free, except of course for the normal wear items. A few minutes worth of simple steps to lubricate the transmission and off we go. Besides the CR-V is a great car for the bride as a daily driver.

Neweller
11-12-2012, 12:49 AM
The CRV is one of the top choices hands down. For size, style, safety, fuel efficiency, ride, reliable, great resale, made in the US................ For most this fits many facets of ownership. Steve already mentioned the ease of lubricating the auto trans. Now of course this easy step can be avoided with a manual trans and any Honda stick once tried is very simple to conquer. There are many other cars that will work too, it was just easy to jump on the Honda bandwagon as it's always a safe bet.

It will also depend on if that will fit the bill for you. Did I mention 4wd is available! You know a little off-roading, site seeing, and rough weather driving etc....

prairieschooner
11-12-2012, 02:12 AM
yes, sorry ours is an AWD model and we tow it four down.