PDA

View Full Version : Second problem with Aqua Hot system

leskorcala@hotmail.com
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello again,

We are staying near Ojai, CA at the campground on the lake Casitas.

Tonight my wife was taking shower and I was outside and noticed antifreeze was poring out from under the coach! I looked and noticed that coolant was coming from the exhaust pipe area right where comes out from the AH Silver Square Box our Aqua Hot model is 920431/432

I also noticed under burner and mixer valve right in the metal pan there is some coolant right on the bottom!

I am having hard time to see where is exactly coolant coming from! I checked engine coolant return/cold inlet/hot inlet, none of them are leaking coolant!

Was wonder if anyone had same problem with this system?
Right now I can see coolant only drips! after we turned the AH switch inside the coach.

Will be contacting Roger Berg to find out more!

leskorcala@hotmail.com
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
We just had $700 annual service done on our AH ( 2 months ago ) and today I noticed big pothole of coolant under the AH bay area!
In our Newell 2001 we have model 431 XE/12 system.

I looked under and noticed coolant dripping around exhaust pipe area. It seems to be dripping from a large pipe under the AH area. Also noticed some coolant standing in the metal pan right under mixer valve and burner area. I cannot locate the exact leak around this area.

Pressure release coolant overflow fill cap was replaced & hose to the expansion cap is intact and full of fluid.

I checked engine coolant/return/cold inlet/hot inlet and all the areas are dry.

We are staying in park near Ventura, CA and not sure what to do next.

I have not checked the coolant level since AH was still hot but will check in the morning. Does anyone provide any recommendations or does anyone have a good AH mechanic in the Ventura area?

leskorcala@hotmail.com
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Hello,

I have checked the radiator cap and hose and they are dry and tight (during the Sept service both were replaced). This morning I tried to open the radiator cap to see if there is anything left in the tank. I had hard time to open the radiator cap. When I got it loose and as soon I did that, more fluid started pouring around the exhaust pipe fitting right under the tank.

I am bit confused here since in last service repair man added to the tank 1,5 gallon of 50/50 pre-diluted antifreeze/coolant mixture (you asking me to determine if is engine coolant or A H coolant ) I thought both of the the systems take same coolant This guy who serviced our RV in Ennis, MT was AH certified technician.

Initially the coolant looked green but now it seems to be orange / yellow in the pan that we put out under the system last night. That is a plastic container and maybe the coolant might have reacted with the plastic container. We added green coolant when we did the service. We added 1.5 gallon during the service so perhaps I am seeing an older coolant which was a different color.

Thanks you so much for getting back to me so soon. We're staying in the park campground and stranded with coolant all over the pavement. I have been trying to get all that I can so we don't make a mess.

I also noticed since the coolant was pouring of of the bottom of the coach, at the same same time the metal pan under the aqua hot (where all the tubes are) also has coolant (and that is definitely yellow).

Best regards,
Les

farmell
11-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi Les,

I have used Art who is an authorized dealer not too far from you. He's a pretty nice guy and seemed to be honest.

Art's Mobile RV Service
Paso Robles, CA 93446

805-712-2087

He should be able to get you taken care of.

NewellCrazy
11-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Les,

Here is the Aqua Hot Service Manual which I hope helps you out.

http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/manuals-datasheets/3910-aqua-hot-model-920431-432-aquahot-service-shop-manual.html#post24648