PDA

View Full Version : Coach starts for a second then dies

Gimpy
11-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone, The temperature was in the low 30's id say today. My coach wont start. It starts up for a second but then dies. Is it because of the cold weather? or ?????????? My newell is equipped with a detroit diesel.

NewellCrazy
11-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Franco,

You said it did start but it quickly died after it started.

I have seen fuel problems (Diesel can gel if it gets cold enough) when this happens, fuel can SLOWLY make it through the filter

However once the engine starts the fuel that is past the filter is quickly exhausted and fuel can not pass the filter fast enough to replenish the engine.

One solution is to warm the fuel, best way is to warm the engine by running the gen-set IF, that is, if it does not do the same thing.

If the gen-set does the same exact thing, Then fuel issues are all but diagnosed and chemical treatment is indicated.

Hopefully this makes sence considering I confuse myself sometimes,

Sean

jack14r
11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
There is a sensor that measures the antifreeze in the overflow tank,if that is low it will start and then cut off.This usually happens when the seasons are changing.

prairieschooner
11-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Not sure what Detroit you have. Maybe you should try the Block Heater and get back to us.