PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Pro not displaying correctly

Cheri Smith
11-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I've had this PressurePro a couple months now. The few times I plugged in the display 3 of the sensors will start to display within a minute or two. The last one takes about twice as long, maybe 3- 5 minutes. Also it has stopped displaying at night a couple times when parked. It's not low pressure but the 3 dashes (- - -) that display when it's first plugged in. I'm wondering if that's a sign of a weak battery or just the luck of the draw. BTW it's on one of the front tires & the pressure is OK on that tire.
Funny how you get dependent on a gadget like this when I never had one before.

Cheri Smith

Newell Attack
11-20-2012, 11:32 PM
The three dashes suggests that the signal from that sensor is not being received by the monitor. I'd call Advantage PressurePro and ask if they think that sensor might have a low battery.

NewellCrazy
11-21-2012, 02:26 AM
It's not unusual for one or two sensors to have a problem getting their signal through to the display. All sorts of things can interfere.

You could change the sensors around from one wheel to another and see if the issue follows. If so, its the sensor. If not, and the new front wheel sensor shows the same problem, then its the location and not the sensor.

jack14r
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
When you are out on the road the signal from the tire sensor bounces off of cars,trucks,traiters etc.you don't have a problem but you can improve the signal by installing a repeater and mounting it in the rear of the coach.I did that and my problems were over,also it should take at least 5 minutes for all of the sensors to check in after you plugged in the unit.