PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV Satellite Receivers Coach Use

GypsyCliff
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to get a couple DirecTV receivers to leave in the rig or would it be better to just take a couple from the house when we head out. I believe I recall having a problem when leaving these unplugged (not just powered off) for an extended period resulting in having to call DTV to get the unit re-initialized. Have any of you SAT folks encountered any such difficulties with units left in your MHs? I believe our preference would be to have units dedicated to the MH, but I just want to be able to power them up and receive TV! Working with DTV Call Center has been challenging on occasion.

Thanks!

Cliff

prairieschooner
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I am too cheap to pay for a receiver when not in use. I usually just bring one from home unless we will be leaving again in a week or so and then leave one that we don't use much.
I almost always have to go into the menu section and update the Zip Code after traveling a couple hundred miles, much easier than calling Direct.

1993Newell
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
We are movie gurus so no satellite tv for us.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
First, I start the antenna and turn on the receiver. When the receiver does not start, I unplug the power, TV cable and antenna cables for about 15 minutes. This technique seem to cause the receiver to reboot itself and works great until I relocate again.

larryweikart
12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Have had Direct tv in the coach for 15 years with no problems with down time, sometimes 3-4 months. I always call direct tv and suspend coverage and then call then again to restart the service.

NewellCrazy
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
We have two that we use in the MH, but we keep them in the house when not traveling for the very reason you mentioned. Unless you use them within a 30 day period, they "hibernate" and you have to call DirecTv. We have never had a problem with them, but we use the two at least once a month in order to keep from calling them. Works for us.

GypsyCliff
12-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Have had Direct tv in the coach for 15 years with no problems with down time, sometimes 3-4 months. I always call direct tv and suspend coverage and then call then again to restart the service.

Thanks Larry I guess that might be the easiest way.

Cliff