PDA

View Full Version : Gas Detector no problem until recently

Cheri Smith
12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
It has three colored lights, green, amber (fault) and red (alarm).

About a week ago, and again last night right after the furnace came on, it started beeping. One beep every 2 or 3 minutes, and the amber light came on. Amber is "fault," not "gas." I went over, after being annoyed for a few minutes, and pressed the "Test" button. The green light came back on and the beeping stopped. Nothing serious, yet.

So, is this alarm trying to tell me something? If so, what is it trying to tell me? Is it going to shut my gas off in the middle of a cold night?

By the way, there is only one button that I can see, to do anything with. That is the "TEST" button. Why does that button turn the fault alarm off?

Newellin Thunder
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Cheri that pattern of beeps indicates "Internal Error" and the most common Internal Error, and this is supported by the "Just after the furnace came on" is "Low Battery Voltage"

Clean all battery connections, Charge the battery, Press and hold the TEST/RESET button till it alarms,,, And see if that fixes it.

NewellCrazy
12-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Average life expectancy of an LP Detector is 5 years. Get a new one and let us know if the problem goes away.