PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

Bryon Raymond
11-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Greetings and hallucinations! I need some input about cruise control. When I engage the CC the coach starts jerking like the system is getting intermittent signals. I'd really like to get it squared away before my right calf muscle looks like Popeye's. Thanks for any input.

fulltiming
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
This may or may not be applicable to your coach but my 1992 has the same problem if the air pressure to the transmission is not set high enough or if the air actuator valve on the transmission is leaking (previous owner had to replace the air actuator valve before I would buy it). I have an adjustment for the transmission air pressure on the passenger side of the engine compartment on the front wall, just above and to the engine side of the suspension six pack. The factory tells me it should be set at 70 psi but the cruise will buck unless I run the pressure up to about 85 psi. No one at Allison or Newell so far has been able to tell me why this should matter since the cruise control on my coach operates through the DDEC II rather than having an air throttle. If you have an air throttle, it would make more sense that too low an air pressure or an air leak might cause the cruise control to buck.

Bryon Raymond
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks Michael, that info gave me a good starting place in tracing out the problem. There's so much hardware on this coach that I know nothing about
it's almost scary. Hope you don't mind me being a pest for awhile until I learn what some of this stuff is and does. Thanks again.

fulltiming
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Ask away Bryon. The only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked. We are here to help.