PDA

View Full Version : I Purchased RV Tire Protectant Who Else Uses This Product

Jonesy
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM
My wife and I purchased Sun Block for tires. I applied it today and the tires look like new. It dries not the wet look you get from silicone. They say no more sun rot and I will not have to use wheel covers again. Apply every two years. With the cost of new tires We try to do everything to keep them safe. Anyone use this product?

NewellCrazy
12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
I've never felt those products were worthwhile. Nor am I a big fan of tire covers either. A good set of tires will last around 7 years regardless of any treatments you may use, and tires are made with ultraviolet protection and various other "treatments" built into the rubber compound. The best thing you can do for them is drive them regularly - it keeps the chemicals in the rubber in circulation.

Neweller
12-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Jonesy, I have never used that product but would love to hear more about how well it has been working for users? Some good testimonials are definitely in order. There are so many crummy products out on the market that ruin tires it would be great to have a real quality one that saves the life of tire rot.

GringoPhil
12-14-2012, 01:13 AM
I don’t know what your product is but I would consult with your tire manufacture to insure it’s compatible with their tires.