PDA

View Full Version : duotherm lp heater problems

encantotom
11-24-2007, 08:12 PM
hi all,

it is finally chilly enough to try the heaters in az, so i did for the first time since i got the coach. there are 3 LP heaters. one in the front, middle and bedroom. the front two work fine. the back one fan comes on, but no heat. it is under the drawers in the hallway/bedroom closet. i have never played with one of these. is there something easy i can try? i did not swap the thermostats, but could try that.

any suggestions?

thanks

tom

fulltiming
11-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Tom, if the fan comes on when you turn the heater on, the thermostat is working. The fan should start, then the gas solenoid should open as the electronic igniter tries to spark. If it doesn't sense the flame it will shut down. If the fan doesn't come on, the sail switch will prevent the gas valve from opening.

So, if the fan does come on and just blows cold air without ever shutting off you could have dirt in the burner, or the circuit board could be bad, or the igniter is going bad or is out of adjustment. In any of those cases, you will need to remove the furnace to repair it.

There are some repair manuals and parts lists on the web. You might try clicking here (http://bryantrv.com/docs.html).

HoosierDaddy
11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi Tom,
Check the furnace exhaust outlet. I once had wasps build a nest in mine. I also had an igniter not work and I'm sure I cleaned and adjusted it from inside the coach...The end of the furnace could be opened up to access it. That was on my 1978 which had three Suburban furnaces. I'm not sure how your 1990 may differ but hopefully the concepts are similar.

madson95
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
tom if you dont have ss screens in your intake and exhast , I would get them . will make life easer I made mine with ss sink strainers from walmart about $1.89 each easy job .other ans were right on. w