PDA

View Full Version : Walk in closets in motorhomes

bigcatwally
12-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Walk in closets are nice in a home, but is it worth the loss of space in a motorhome?

Ron Skeen
12-26-2012, 12:09 AM
We think the walk in closet is one of the nicest feature. Jean like: storage, drawers, hanging, drying, hobby supplies, extra bedroom for grand kids, junk room. I like: easy access to engine, quieter when I travel early morning for her to sleep, keep her out of my storage in the basement. This arrangement is great for our lifestyle.

86loco
12-26-2012, 02:18 AM
I must agree with the closet being very useful for storage options. Our current coach is only 40' and the extra footage needed for the closet will pretty much take up the extra space on a newer coach.

Ron, that is a great incentive to keep the wife from claiming any basement space.

Neweller
12-26-2012, 04:38 AM
I have to agree with you Brady, that if your going over 40' that a closet starts to make sense and agree that there are many uses like Ron mentioned too. Back in the late nineties when I was looking hard at bus conversions I seen a couple stretched MCI's that had five feet added to them and that five feet became closet space. So, that is probably the most common use of the rear five feet in a '45 footer plus or minus a foot or two. I would also agree that I'll let the wife manage most of that closet space if I get to manage what I want in the basement. :bounce:

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Wally, my coach does not have the walk in closet and I am glad it does not. I have three closets with drawers across the back and two full closets in the hall. One we converted to a utility closet and have not wasted space attributable to the walk-in. I suggest you look a Newell floor plans and decide which you like best. Also, much depends on the floor plan of the coach you find that you just cannot live without. Rationalization comes easy.

Twins
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
If I had the option it would definitely be on our list. Walk in closets are a must for my wife and I when it comes to a stick house.

Twins