PDA

View Full Version : What Makes A Newell Coach Custom

WhitLock
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm confused and hoping someone can clarify for me. I'm told that Newell Coach builds custom motor coaches and none are alike. Yet most floor plans are the same/similar besides colors. what is different, what makes them custom? I might consider them semi custom but 100 percent custom I don't know.

Thanks to all in advance who answer,

Charles Whitlock

MrE
01-02-2013, 06:21 PM
If you're thinking to be 100% custom that you would start with a blank piece of paper, you would be correct. Perhaps you would have a better understanding if you went to the Newell website where they discuss customization. Customization: Making Your Newell Your Own - Newell Coach (http://www.newellcoach.com/features/customization/)

With the exception of their 'show coaches', they don't start construction on a Newell until the buyer has met with their team of designers and the coach has been designed.

express1
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
A walk thru the factory and you will understand...They use no JIGS or previous set-up from the get-go. Chalk marks on the cement floor and drawings all inside unfinished walls... Sounds crazy to me also. Sure seems like production could go quicker if basic set-up was used. But you get what YOU want! and Pay for what YOU get.

Neweller
01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Newell will build you a coach way different than any other, if you choose to go that route. There are some standardized methodologies required in the build process and if you want to get around those standards you best be ready to spend 4-5 million.

Like Matt (express1) mentioned, a trip to the factory will be a treat-in-deed and your understanding of "custom luxury coach" will truly blossom.

I think what has a lot of people confused is that there are a lot of similarities between many Newell Coaches and this has to be in part that many of the options are the cream of the crop in advancements, quality and styling that many folks want some of what the other guy got. It's like an attraction (or maybe an addiction) to beautiful :love: worldly things created by artistic and talented people.

MrE
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
A good example would be the Newell built for Roger Penske back in 1986 compared to the other 1986 Classics. NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - 1986 Newell Coach Album 7 (http://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=341)