PDA

View Full Version : Finally on the road - our new life full timing!

James and Carol
01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Last day of work finally came - got on the road December 27 - at South Padre for 2 months. Made a grand entrance - got stuck in the sand. Lesson learned. This ain't Tulsa dirt - it's sand duh! $225 will get you out - the wrecker guy was great! Had quite a crowd of gawkers during the dig out. That's one way to make friends - we didn't have to go to them - they gravitated to us - on scooters, by foot, bicycles and a lot of them just watched from their space with drink in hand. We are loving it and think we will have an awesome time full timing.

NewellCrazy
01-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Your fun has begun. Enjoy your selves be safe and I hope to meet up with you sometime while on the road. There is nothing that compares to the full time lifestyle.

Sean

Neweller
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
James and Carol, so glad to here from you folks out there on the road spreading your wings. Nothing like making a grand entrance in style, right? Not every day you get to see a rolling grand master piece at a dig out. Did you get some memorable video or photo's for your scrapbook? You folks are obviously Great Sports! Thanks for sharing and we hope to here about the many adventures of living it up on the road Newell style.:thumbup:

bigcatwally
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Good for you folks! The adventures have begun! Imagine all the stories you'll have to share, we hope to read them here. Good luck and wishing you have many happy journeys ahead!

1993Newell
01-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Lesson learned, don't worry we all have them. ;) Did you get a picture? I look forward to hearing about your fulltiming and maybe we will all cross paths along the way.

jWolfe
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Good luck my friends with the new life and journey that retirement and fulltiming brings. :thumbsup:

prairieschooner
01-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Yep Stuff Happens, I say you watch RV with Robin Williams and just laugh a bit. Seriously it gets easier and better the longer you travel. Stock some Beer and get some Scooters so you can join in!
Good Luck a 2008 is one Hell of a Coach!

Nara Queen
04-27-2013, 01:16 AM
James and Carol it's been a few months now how is the fulltiming going?

JustDustin
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Yes James and Carol it would be great to hear how you have been?