PDA

View Full Version : Splendide washer/dryer takes hours to dry load

PIExpress
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Our Newelll is equipped with a Splendide washer/dryer. The washer works well, and the dryer although a bit slower than our one at home, has been fine until recently. It now only seems to reach a warm drying temperature and can take up to two hours to dry a very light load.

Has anyone had this problem - and more importantly - rectified it? I have no equipment for continuity-testing, but I wonder if there is perhaps other more generic diagnosing I can do myself before engaging service personnel?

Thanks

PIExpress

express1
01-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Kick it to the Curb......I've recently had several weeks experience with this type of unit. JUNK! unless it is Vented I would push it out the bus at the next corner!!!:o

Space saving???? just the size of normal stack unit 24" x 32" each unit....

The unit we just replaced was acting the same way... No can fix...New control board needed. Was told to much detergent can cause drying times to increase???

ccjohnson
01-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Fran agrees with you Matt. She says a rock & wire clothes line are better than a Splendide.

86loco
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Matt, I like the idea "Kick it to the Curve"! That is what we did, but on Craigslist. lol! We got enough to pay for half of the replacement stack.:thumbup:

NewellCrazy
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Kick it to the Curb......I've recently had several weeks experience with this type of unit. JUNK! unless it is Vented I would push it out the bus at the next corner!!!:o

Space saving???? just the size of normal stack unit 24" x 32" each unit....

The unit we just replaced was acting the same way... No can fix...New control board needed. Was told to much detergent can cause drying times to increase???

:dito: throw it out at your next stop it's time for a new one.