PDA

View Full Version : Cooking & RVing

RChaiken
01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Do you guys cook alot in your motor homes or does this smell up the coach or is it easier to eat out? another question is do you bring a BBQ and if so where do you carry it?

Robert Chaiken

NewellCrazy
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
We cook all the time in our Newell. We also Bbq a lot. we cook in the RV pretty much like we cook at home. And it doesn't smell up the motor home any more than cooking smells up the house. Of course, we have a dog who smells up the house a lot more than my cooking does :thumbsup:

GringoPhil
01-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Just consider the RV as a second home. Do you cook inside your house? If you want to keep the RV pristine, for resale, just don't use it and hope it won't depreciate.

A little tongue-in-cheek here.lol!

FJGuard
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Hunt, Gather, Cook.

Yes, I cook in my coach.

Bacon Pancakes. What every man should eat before he goes out hunting.

Jon ghiles
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
We cook most of our meals in the motorhome. The only smells are of good things cooking:drool:

Scott Whitney
01-15-2013, 03:55 PM
If you're cooking things you like, then it won't smell up your motor coach, it'll just whet your appetite. Imagine bacon, onions and garlic cooking...........

Cheri Smith
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
We're the type of people who want to eat in our coach not go out. :hungry: We enjoy cooking and eating in our coach. It depends on your lifestyle if you like eating out more then eat out. Do what makes you happy and what you enjoy.

stewart33
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Eating out can be great but if it's not a unique cuisine, then we stay in our coach and cook a meal worth eating!

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
01-16-2013, 01:21 AM
If we don't feel like cooking we'll eat out. I'd say we eat in more than going out. We don't cook smelly fish or anything that will smoke up the coach. We save that for outside on the BBQ. ;)

MrE
01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
I see that nobody has really addressed the BBQ issue. I was looking at folding BBQs that I could carry in the basement myself. I would like to pipe mine into the coach propane tank so that I wouldn't have to worry about carrying propane canisters. Does anyone out there have a good solution? I love my Weber S-670 Summit grill that I have at home, but I would have to have a trailer to carry it around.

And by the way, my wife is Italian and an excellent cook. One of the greatest benefits to traveling in a motor home in my mind is that you are able to prepare food as you drive down the road. I love the fact that I can get a home cooked meal and never leave the drivers seat!

folivier
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I have a Weber Baby Q that works great for us. I tapped into the coach propane system and use a quick connect with a hose (use a valve), removed the bbq regulator and set the bbq on a plywood piece on the drawer to use it.

Newell Boss
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Gaggenau BBQ Grill

I want to make this addition to our coach.