PDA

View Full Version : Triple towing? 2 trailers behind your coach?

Derek Knight
01-14-2013, 11:10 PM
I know people tow with their truck and some off roading fun like ATVs and motorcycles, or maybe with their vehicle and boat. I've heard it's legal in quite a few states to tow 2 trailers at the same time. Does anyone here have experience with triple towing? I would love to know how that worked out for you. Anyone know what states allow triple towing?

Thanks,
Derek

speedingsport
01-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Triple towing is allowed in the following states:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas

jWolfe
01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
I just uploaded a - http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/big-rig-tow-behinds/4378-state-towing-laws-list.html#post27987

If you do decide to tow two trailers, be sure to follow all state laws and safety measures.

Gone Busing
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
We know of some locals who tow a triple set up just like this. Sometimes it's their toys and sometimes their dredging equipment. Never tried it ourselves.

Cheri Smith
01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Never have towed 2 trailers! Good luck!

For more towing information.

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/rving-safely/4080-411-rv-towing.html

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Derek, is this your rig shown in the picture. If so, I would like to know your rigging for the trailer. Since it has only two wheels, I assume brakes are not required, and you only have to connect lights to both the towed car and tariler, and brakes to the car only. Any other information would be appreciated. Frankly, I am surprised at how many Western states allow triple towing.

Derek Knight
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Chester not my rig in the picture. I had actually seen a rig going down the road similar to this and it made me think about how well it worked out for people. So I thought I would ask here to see if anyone would share experiences. I don't own a coach but I'm looking and learning as I go.