PDA

View Full Version : Reputable luxury coach dealer?

Nara Queen
01-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Did you purchase your coach from a dealer or from a private party? How does one find a reputable luxury coach dealer? We don't want to get scammed or buy a coach with hidden/covered up problems. We bought our fifth wheel new so we didn't have this sort of problem. However we have dealt with some bad car deals and would like to avoid going down that road with our purchase of a coach.

Nara

MrE
01-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Good question! In my opinion used RV dealers are a step down from used car dealers. Buying from private parties is even riskier. I've bought from dealers and private parties and been screwed by both, and had great purchases by both. My only recommendation is buyer beware.

Gone Busing
01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
We must agree:dito:!!!!! There are dealers who are crooks and there are private sellers who are crooks.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
I was pleased with my experience with Motorhomes of Texas, and would recommend them.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't know about you but I can tell if someone is blowing smoke up my you know what! Just beware you'll know if something isn't right or if that dealer/person is trying to sell you to hard. Have a friend that knows a little more than you do come along when you look at a coach.

Nara Queen
01-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated. We are still on the hunt but I think once we finally purchase I will feel confident that we did the right research. Thanks again!

express1
01-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated. We are still on the hunt but I think once we finally purchase I will feel confident that we did the right research. Thanks again!
What is it that your are looking for? Price, quality, fixer-up, safe, dependable?
Budget is what I started with, searched with someone of knowledge.
Tuga, he was my goto guy of newell coaches. I had about 8 years of prior travel in a motorhome. But it was in another brand and a different frame of mind!!!

JustDustin
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
All dealers will sell you anything to make a commission. That's their job, their income, their living. Remember this always, without a sale they can't put food on the table. So make sure you know what you are buying before you buy and if you don't take someone who can help.