PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Motorhome Tires

WhitLock
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm getting conflicting information. Should the tires on a Motorhomes be rotated? - Thanks

Whitlock

The Newell
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
There is no need to routinely rotate motorhome tires because they normally wear pretty much evenly all around. If you are encountering uneven wear patterns, you likely have an alignment or suspension problem that needs correcting.

GringoPhil
01-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Most tires age out long before there tread wears out. Most owners simply do not put on the mileage like other vehicles. Irrespective of wear, any tire is good for no more than 7 years and should be replaced on first failure after 5 years. Rotation does not affect aging.

phil

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
As stated above, there is nothing to be gained by rotating. If you have one of the heavier coaches with slides, you most likely will have 365s on the front and 315s on the rear -thus cannot rotate.

77newell
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
There is one exception to the logic presented above. To the extent that sunlight can damage tire sidewalls there will be an advantage to rotating tires to balance that exposure. I have not done this (those things are HEAVY,the lug nuts really tight, and the coach isn't easy to jack). While it conceptually makes sense I have no plans to do it.