PDA

View Full Version : enough storage?

Maxwell55
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
what tricks or tips do you have for getting everything you want into your coach? do you feel you have enough room and storage space?

folivier
01-17-2013, 12:54 AM
We have a 39' 1993 Newell and just started fulltiming a few weeks ago. Before we moved in I pulled everything out of each basement compartment and removed quite a bit of stuff we had not used in 3 years. My wife did the same inside. We've been staying near our home town mainly so we can organize our storage better. Next week we head out for a few weeks to Florida to dry out. Tired of the rain in Louisiana! When we get back we may do a little more organizing. But so far we actually have more storage than when we started.

Neweller
01-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Every coach is so different on amount of storage. My wife and I like a ton of storage and only one of the coaches we had previous had a comfortable amount of storage. It's one thing to go for a weekend and another to go fultiming.

Forrest congratulations on getting to fulfill your dream of fulltiming and I hope it is everything you hoped it to be. You will be one of those lucky ones whom can break up any possible monotony of the fulltimers dream, and go on scuba outings to the Caribbean. There is nothing like blowing out of dodge completely sometimes. I'm sure ready for another trip out of the country.

Maxwell55
02-15-2013, 04:45 PM
thanks yall. i know we'll need to get rid of some junk. but i have faith we can fit what we do need to bring along in a coach. i have a good feeling the other half won't have a problem parting with things. she says she'll be worried about me being able to part with stuff. :laugh: i apparently have a problem with hoarding tools? :dontknow:

jWolfe
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Depending on how much "stuff" you have. You should find you have adequate space. If you were looking at fulltiming in a small little rig that would be something different. ;)

NEWELLWIZARD
02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Maxwell downsize and see what's left. If it doesn't fit you'll need to downsize again. :thumbsup:

cdat
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I would have a very difficult time getting rid of any tools, I'd probably get a small storage unit to keep them in.

speedingsport
02-25-2013, 07:43 PM
John is right you can always put some in storage.

Randy J
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Before we decided to even go fulltiming we got rid of a whole lot of junk. So when it came time to head out and move our stuff in the coach. we found we have enough room.