PDA

View Full Version : 1800hp Jet boat

rellick
01-17-2013, 12:18 AM
For those who like fast toys, check this out, they race these boats on the rivers up here! they are used helicopter engines with too many hour for aviation use but still run fine!:thumbup:
1800 HP Turbine engine in an Aluminum Jet boat!!!!!!!!! - Calgary Powerboats, Motorboats For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada. (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-1800-HP-Turbine-engine-in-an-Aluminum-Jet-boat-W0QQAdIdZ415138817)

Neweller
01-17-2013, 03:37 AM
Keith, that is one sweet mean machine. :thumbup: My crazy days are now over

I am somewhat familiar with the aluminum jet boats and sleds. I owned a boat built by Alumaweld for a couple of years, then sold it needing money for a business venture. I miss that boat.:crying: Nothing like going up river to that killer fishing hole in only a few inches of water. A friend of mine has been giving guided tours up in the NW now for a number of years.

Speaking of turbines, I have another friend in Southern California whom took a 58' yacht and stuck dual turbine engines in it. Would be cool to be able to run pretty much any kind of fuel wouldn't it? Hey how about one in a Newell?lol! Just a joke, folks will think I went off my rocker on that one. Still waiting to hear about someone touring the drag strips of North America with a wheelie standing classic Newell. Haven't heard of any takers with sponsors yet?

rellick
01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Well Ken, I think ill stick in the 300 to 350 hp range for now! where we go with our boats we try and make them to go as slow as possible while still staying on plane! We built this one last year, this one is only 120hp but the engine and pump complete only weighs 200lbs. if the rocks are wet it'll still go!:laugh:

Neweller
01-18-2013, 02:32 AM
120hp? It looks like an inboard, does it have like an inline 4? Very nice looking jet boat? I have checked out a couple of the newer outboard versions with Mercury 150 and 200 OB Jet's. Those motors seem pretty cool.

rellick
01-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Inline 4 , 2 stroke mercury sportjet

Neweller
01-18-2013, 03:02 PM
I was trying to find a picture of my Alumaweld boat which is very similar to yours Keith but ran across this picture of what my prior boat looked like that I took the Alumaweld in trade on. I really like the way you guys did the windshield on that one. Did you say you built it?

rellick
01-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes we built this boat from scratch, used the engine/pump wiring steering and trailor from a sea-doo boat donor. I did change the wheels and fenders on the trailor. I have plans on building another with a 175 sportjet with another sea-doo boat I picked up in washington. This boat was sold this past summer so I have been using my 22' camo one. It will go very shallow as well but your in for some work if you get stuck!:banghead:

rellick
01-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Some more extreme boating,:bounce:Wicked Racing Jet Sprint Boat Team at St. John, WA - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUPtNKicAs&feature=player_detailpage)

Neweller
01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Wow Keith, that is some pretty wicked jet boat sprint racing. Actually pretty cool. It would seem somewhat easy to set up that type of racing anywhere there was an easily flooded or wetlands area. The world of racing is just crazy. More or these guys should buy Newell's or other luxury coaches so we can share more about them in the Luxury Coaches and Motorsport section of the forum.