PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Mildew Off Interior Of Newell Coach

Rich Franklin
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
My Newell has developed mildew around the door and some windows. Does anyone know the best way to remove the mildew?

Regards,

Rich

The Newell
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Use a bleach solution rather than full strength bleach You can make it fairly strong, 10-15% bleach, but be careful of clothing, your eyes, etc. A heavy duty cleaner such as Simple Green or Mean Green also helps.

Joseph

Lou Placentia
01-18-2013, 04:08 AM
you may want to try commercially made mildew removers. I've seen them on sale at Home Depot and Lowes.

Neweller
01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
You can also try the 50/50 vinegar and water solution it does pretty well on mildew as well and not quite as harsh. I have used both of home solution now mentioned along with the commercial ones with similar results.

Is your coach in a hi humidity area? If so, I would consider running a De-humidifier.

There are some other solutions if you want to go commercially. I have not been real happy with anything from the big box stores for doing a serious job.

GORDON HUMMEL
01-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Vinegar, baking soda & lemon oil in an old spray bottle will do the job.

I was looking @ De-humidifiers for the same reason & then realized that my roof airs have a dry setting !!!!!!!!

NewellCrazy
01-18-2013, 04:01 PM
All the "mildew remover" products I've seen have the same active ingredient - sodium hypochlroite, just like household bleach. Usually the same percentage too. Check the labels before you buy - plain old laundry bleach is probaly only 1/10 the cost.

speedingsport
01-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Have you heard of Nexall? It's used by the military and hospitals. It kills mold and mildew.

Nara Queen
01-19-2013, 04:45 PM
speedingsport I've never heard of Nexall. Where can you buy it at?