PDA

View Full Version : NO Shore power issue

Lou Placentia
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Recently i saw a decline in battery power, coach as well as Chassis. I replaced the Chassis batteries which still did not cure the issue.
The problem i was having was that slowly but surely my battery's where draining while i was connected to shore power. Now battery's are dead and its not even acting like I have shore power connected.
Any suggestions what it could be? I looked at all the fuses I could find but none seem to be bad. I cycled all the breakers but nothing. No power is hitting the power panel. Can't start the generator because batteries are dead.

Thank you

Lou

MrE
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Lou, sounds like your inverter/charger isn't working. I would start there, make sure it has power and doesn't have a blown fuse.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
I suggest you get the generator started to see if you have power. If you do, then i would look into the automatic power switch which selects the source of power - generator or shore power.

1993Newell
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Like others suggested check your coach cord and the automatic transfer switch. See if it's putting power through.

prairieschooner
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
OK sounds like you could be chasing something that may not exist.
12 Volts DC should be supplied by the House Batteries and Charged by the Inverter or.....Typically we can go 3-4 days without charging the house batteries with our inverter because of the solar panels.

NewellCrazy
01-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Turn off and back on the breaker. Check power with a voltmeter at the outlet.

If using any adapters between the CG outlet and your shore power cord, check them with an ohm meter to make sure you have continuity from one end to the other.

If you can find the ATS (and you are safe working around 120 VAC), with shore power unplugged, remove the lid. Turn power back on and check for 120 VAC on the shore power IN and OUT to the breaker box.

If power to OUT side of ATS, check for power to the main breaker box.