PDA

View Full Version : Insulated Drapes

Retired63
02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I would like to replace the windshield drapes with insulated ones. Has anyone done this and where did you get the material? Thanks!

Retired63

Viva Las Vegas JDR
02-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Yep, the wife bought nice insulated drapes from Penny's and shortened them. They work great and are room darkening.

77newell
02-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Jimmy: how much difference did you notice following the upgrade to insulated drapes? At low temps (think 5-10 degrees) we currently get quite a cold draft from the windshield even with the non-insulated drapes closed.

Neweller
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Jon, insulated drapes do drop the temps a good 5 degrees.

We have also used three of those pop up or magic spring type windshield shades, by just letting them overlap one another across the dash. The center one will

easily mold around a mirror if you have one. The combination of the two options should get you a good 10 degrees. The shades I last used were reflective silver on

one side (great for summer) and black on the other (great for winter). I believe the size were the jumbo's.

Maybe I can find an old picture of them in use to share.

NewellCrazy
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
One material is called Warm Windows. Some fabric stores carry it or can get it. Also companies that do RV remodeling may have it or can get it.