PDA

View Full Version : Why are Newell's so Expensive?!?!

Mountain Man
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
What makes Newell's so expensive? 1.8M New??? I can buy a lot of house plus cars for that kind of money.

Mountain Man

stewart33
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
True, Mountain Man but if you have the kind of money to buy a brand new Newell you probably have a few houses and a dozen cars to boot. :laugh:

Newellin Thunder
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Short answer for some - tax shelter. An RV qualifies as a second home, so if retirees are selling their home and moving into a RV, they either have to transfer the profit they realized from the home sale into their new home (the RV) or pay the taxman.

1993Newell
02-09-2013, 05:28 PM
You get what you pay for. ;)

The Newell
02-09-2013, 06:30 PM
As is said of planes and boats, if you have to ask you can't afford it?:thumbsup: Now, If were talking used than a Newell is a bargain compared to all other Motor Homes on the market.

ccjohnson
02-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Like Ed & Melba said, "you get what you pay for". When looking at motorhomes don't just compare the "visual". Go deeper & compare the materials and craftsmanship that fit it all together. It's pretty easy & cheap to put on a nice cosmetic front. When in Quartzite we looked at some brand new competitor coaches that were +/- 750K. On first glance they looked really nice. But looking a bit closer they paled in comparison to our '92 Newell for quality. When projecting what they will look & be like after 20+ yrs of service I doubt that there will be much left. Check out prices & conditions on other "bargain brand" motorhomes that are for sale after 20 yrs of service.

NEWELLWIZARD
02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Well put Clint and I couldn't agree with the rest of you more. A Newell is quality a motorcoach and does not compare to cheap RVs. When you want to know the quality all you have to do is look at an older Newell coach. You will see how well built they are and know right there that the newer coaches are built stout. They will out last and preform a cheaper built motorhome any day. If you have your eye on a lesser quality motorhome go look at one that is a few years older and see what kind of condition it is in. You will see a major difference and that in itself will show you the value you get in a Newell Motorcoach.

David Carrol
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Lets start with something like say a Cadillac Escalade that sells for at least $60,000 and I then walk up to a say a 1994-96 Newell Coach at maybe an $85,000 transaction price. I see that Newell added a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room, a bedroom, water tanks, a few more wheels and tires, a diesel generator, awnings, a hot water heater, a furnace, and I see a real over the road truck diesel engine that could run a million miles, a heavy duty high torque automatic transmission. I now see 22.5 inch wheels and tires and heavy duty axles. I see an air suspension system and air brakes and with all the air lines, reservoirs and pumps that go with them. Then there is a beautiful full-body paint job in several colors. The counters are all solid surface or stone. Every single interior item is custom Etc Etc. So I ask if a Cadillac Escalade sold for $60,000+ and a used high quality Newell can be had for $85,000, how can Cadillac possibly ever justify $60,000+ for an Escalade and someone not see the difference of features and values you get when you buy a Newell Coach.

Okay, I'm done now,

David Carrol

express1
02-09-2013, 10:27 PM
can't send your son to pick-up take out in a Newell:thumbsup:

86loco
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
My son would love to take the Newell to pick up take out. But would I let him? Probably not at this juncture. I would probably worry about take out alright.

Mountain Man
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
can't send your son to pick-up take out in a Newell:thumbsup:

Good point, than one must ask himself who would trust their son with a Newell in the first place lol!

jWolfe
02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
If they weren't expensive, I probably wouldn't own one. After all I like the finer things in life. You the know they say women spend money on lots of little things, men spend a lot of money on the bigger toys. :D