PDA

View Full Version : Showing my age?

cdat
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Had this "STORM OF THE CENTURY" hit the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Illinois, etc, would it have even made the news? I don't mean to make light of the troubles people are having back east, but, you had plenty of warning, it's a weekend, if you aren't employed by a organization that is required to work in the storm stay off the roads. Guess I've become my father.
John

stewart33
02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree John. I agree. :rolleyes:

NewellCrazy
02-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Had this "STORM OF THE CENTURY" hit the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Illinois, etc, would it have even made the news? I don't mean to make light of the troubles people are having back east, but, you had plenty of warning, it's a weekend, if you aren't employed by a organization that is required to work in the storm stay off the roads. Guess I've become my father.
John

:dito: :dito:

ccjohnson
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I agree. Doesn't look any worse than what I have had to "slog" around in all the time for work. That is why I hate it & try to stay south in the winter! But, if the pay is right I'll don my trusty "long handles" & whisstle a happy tune all the way to the bank. No pay, and I just stay south & whistle in warmth! Migratory work does have some advantages!

NEWELLWIZARD
02-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I agree guys. All I see in their near future -

Because not everyone can own a Newell. :laugh:

We park our coach because of work I'm home for the winter. Come my retirement and we'll be taking our coach outta here for the winter.

Now they are naming snow storms? I thought that was only for hurricanes?! lol!

jWolfe
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I agree they should've became snowbirds and headed to Florida.