PDA

View Full Version : Tuk tucked up in bed: The one-man camper

NewellCrazy
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Tuk tucked up in bed: The one-man camper van that is perfect for the lonely traveller

Vehicle contains fold-up bed, sink, kitchen, running water and fridge
Design based on Piaggio scooter and is similar to tuk-tuk rickshaws

Travelling long journeys all by your lonesome can be a chore paved with uncomfortable motels and bad service station food.
Single camping often means sleeping in the back of the car, or going to through the effort of putting up a tent by the side of the road.
One designer’s dream of ending the pain for lone campers has resulted in the Buffalino, a three-wheel mini-van similar to tuk-tuk rickshaws which are seen across Asia and Africa.

The fully furnished camper contains a fold-up bed, a sink, a kitchen with refrigerator and running water and, of course, a place to hook up your laptop.
German industrial designer Cornelius Cormanns modified a three wheeled Piaggio scooter to create the Buffalino, which is set to meet the requirements of a single individual.

Mr Cormanns wanted to design a vehicle that would offer greater flexibility during travel, while also creating an economic and fuel efficient ride.
The Buffalino serves as a greener alternative for long solitary journeys as well as offering a way out of fast foods and motels.

Happy camper: Tuk tucked up in bed: The one-man camper van that is perfect for the lonely traveller | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2275158/Happy-camper-Tuk-tucked-bed-The-man-camper-van-perfect-lonely-traveller.html#axzz2KJyLIe8J)

jWolfe
02-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't know if I like the three wheel concept with the handlebars like a bike. That and I might just go crazy because it's too damn small. I guess I'm spoiled traveling in my Newell. :aetsch:

Maybe it could be an alternative type of tag along, ya think?

cdat
02-10-2013, 05:40 PM
When I was much younger and going thru my anti-establishment phase, I'm sure I would have been quite comfortable in that, now, I bought a Newell for a reason.

Leeann J
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
For a one man gig that would work. I'm glad I have the luxury of stretching out in my Newell. ;)

speedingsport
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
That's quite the little rig...

Jack Fouts
02-14-2013, 05:25 AM
What a cute little guy! Don't think my old back would handle it much and there wouldn't be any room for the misses. It really kind of reminds me of a Cushman or older Harley Davidson mail carrier.

Gimpy
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I showed this to my wife and she told me I need one for when I'm in the dog house LOL!!!

Gimpy

Oreo
04-25-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm too claustrophobic for that. :) Neat though.

prairieschooner
04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Nope! When I can no longer take care of and drive our Newell I'll simply start using our Airstream!!

folivier
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Hey Steve put a towbar on it, a couple dog carriers on the roof, and when Patti kicks you out you'll be set! :)

Randy J
04-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Nope! When I can no longer take care of and drive our Newell I'll simply start using our Airstream!!

Steve I didn't even realize you owned all those toys you have listed in your signature until you mentioned in this post about your airstream. Wow! You have quite the list of toys! :thumbsup: How do you have time for them all? ;)

prairieschooner
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't. I do however prioritize Cabin 1st, Newell 2nd and so on.
PS this doesn't include other hobbies

Leeann J
04-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Steve I told Randy not to get any ideas. We no longer have a home to keep all that kinda stuff. :laugh: And Randy already has what I think most would consider an expensive hobby! lol! He sure doesn't need anymore. rollinglol