PDA

View Full Version : Full timing insurance costs by state?

MidnightMason
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of relative (not specific) costs of vehicle (full-time RV) insurance and medical insurance (Med-gap type) by state? In other words, is there a reputable list(s) of which states have lower insurance rates and which have higher insurance rates? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mason

NewellCrazy
02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Mason,

Here is a link to an article on vehicle insurance rates by state. http://www.insure.co...ance-rates.html (http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/car-insurance-rates.html)

speedingsport
02-16-2013, 07:22 PM
That's hard because insurance is often calculated by location, age and driving record.

stewart33
02-16-2013, 08:13 PM
I've read that credit is now a factor when determining insurance premiums.

BMG Coach
02-16-2013, 08:48 PM
There are a number of things you can do to lower your rates including taking a defensive driving course.

Neweller
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Stewart, you are right about the credit rate effecting your insurance premiums. This is something that the insurance company plays dumb on. Most people don't even realize that they have an insurance score. Trans Union credit reporting offers a calculator for insurance companies. I know Geico whom I have been with and not as a first choice, reports information on all its insured to Lexis Nexis. If you have claims, they get reported to Lexis Nexis which can affect you getting a better rate from another company. Your current company may tell you that your little claim that was a "not at fault" will be reported there. Nice, right?

bigcatwally
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
I was unaware that they were taking your credit score into consideration. Good to know though. You learn something new everyday.

NewellCrazy
02-17-2013, 12:17 AM
I've heard that in the near future ones health score will reflect how fast you will receive service in regards of health care.