PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Hot Not Producing Heat

Will Procter
02-17-2013, 01:25 PM
we can hear the Aqua Hot blower come on. The floor heat had come on a few times during previous nights but the electric heating coil evidently had the water hot enough so the Aqua Hot furnace did not kick in. This morning the vent fans ran for so long I thought something may be wrong. I held my hands in front of the vents inside and the air was barely warm so I suspected the Aqua Hot boiler was not working correctly. I went outside and there was dark diesel exhaust smoke and actually some unburned fuel dripping from the exhaust. The Aqua Hot was running, just did not seem to heat the water. I have all of the manuals and my guess at this time is it may be the fuel nozzle. Need some opinions and trouble shooting help guys.

Will

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
02-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Sounds like you have some fuel that is not being burned. First thing I would do is put in a new nozzle and adjust the spark electrodes. Should not take more than a couple of hours.

NewellCrazy
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
I agree with Chester, I would change out the burner nozzle. Nozzle change should be an annual maintenance item. You will need a 10mm socket on an 8-10" extension to undo the hold down clamps if my memory servers me correctly. An an adjustable wrench to remove and replace the nozzle. Doing the nozzle change and a bit of cleaning should fix your problem.

Will Procter
02-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the replys all. It seems to confirm my suspicion of a plugged nozzle. I appreciate the help.