PDA

View Full Version : Heater Recall

prairieschooner
02-19-2013, 12:41 AM
The Heater in our Bedroom began making noise so I turned it off right away and good thing. After looking for a replacement I was forced to remember about the Recall on the Square D model TW1222 Series B Heaters and it looks like the Cadet Heaters are effected as well. The Cadet replacement is model RMC151W and is a bit larger.
The prices are all over the board from $255.00 at Lowes to $152.78 at wayfair.com.
Anyway just a "heads up reminder"!!!!! These older heaters have a potential problem so at least take another look and listen carefully! But I am going top replace ALL OF THEM!, just not worth it.

stewart33
02-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate all the helpful people here who look out for one another. Much obliged.

speedingsport
02-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Steve & Tricia you're right its not worth it. They have these recalls on items but most people never find out about them unless people like yourself share and pass on the info. Thanks it's appreciated.

Jack Fouts
02-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Steve, thanks for the heads up. I have what I believe is the Cadet. Now does the Cadet have like a fan off to one side? If so then I need to check out the recall on for mine since it recently caught fire and shorted out from what looks to be from maybe lint build up.

GringoPhil
02-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Steve & Tricia you're right its not worth it. They have these recalls on items but most people never find out about them unless people like yourself share and pass on the info. Thanks it's appreciated.

:dito: True, Most never find out about recalls and in return never get the problem rectified. Thank You for sharing Steve & Tricia

Phil

Neweller
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
The Cadet sounds like ond of the three heaters I had on a previous coach and it shorted out similar to what Jack had happen. Steve, thanks for the info.

JustDustin
02-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Thought I would add this link to help identify the recalled heaters. How to Identify & Upgrade Recalled Heaters (http://www.cadetco.com/upgrade_program.php)

prairieschooner
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
My heaters were the Square D model TW1222 Series B Heaters. The problem with at least the Square D is that they used a Rubber Grommet as Fan Bushings, Rubber....right on a Fan! Anyway we should all take a look at our Electric Heaters as a precaution, especially if we have older coaches.
I should be able to replace them with Cadet model RMC151W although it is a little larger in size, better than smaller. Shop around prices are all over the place!

86loco
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Interesting! I had replaced one of these last year and wonder if I can turn it in to Square D? I'm thinking it is up on a shelf in the barn. I need to call and find out my options. I wonder if you have to send the old into them or not?

Cheri Smith
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Words can't say how much I appreciate you posting this. I don't like worrying about things like this but if we are on top of these things then we can prevent a disaster.