PDA

View Full Version : Newells are for living in, Prevosts for driving?

Derek Knight
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
What do you think about this statement? I have read this online more than once. :question:

jack14r
02-19-2013, 11:18 PM
I think that many people that have driven for Nascar drivers and owners will tell you that the Prevost drives better and the Newell has more interior space,I have been told this exact statement by Jimmy Johnson's coach driver.The newer Prevost,2009 with Detroit Diesels and up have a real problem in that the exhaust stack took up half of the rear closet,well it got worse with the Volvo D13 the 2 stacks take up 2/3 of the rear closet.In my opinion there is just not enough closet space in the new Prevost.

Jack Fouts
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
What Jack has stated is my understanding as well. Whether it is a Prevost Conversion or a Newell Coach they both are masterpieces I don't think I would kick either one out of bed.

Ron Skeen
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
I have driven with my friend who had a 99 XL Liberty and I had 89 Newell we would swap and I really like the Newell better. I than traded up to a 96 Newell and he order 2007 XL Marathon and I still preferred my 96 over his 07 when we would swap. He has sold his 07 and now has a 1998 H3 Marathon that I have driven and really think it drive better than either of the XL. I think the H3's are the best driver's of the Prevost line. That just my opinion and I have not really driven any of the independent suspension newer Newell. I still like the old straight axle Newell compared to XL Prevost and look forward to trying a newer Newell.