PDA

View Full Version : The Envy of All Existing Luxury Coach Owner Snowbirds!

Neweller
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I just want to say I envy all you blessed little snowbirds while I'm preparing for what they say will be another severe winter weather storm here in the US. This time the Midwest will be home to blizzard and icy conditions. How many severe winter storms are we supposed to have around the country? It sucks when you can't head south when you want to.

Our Canadian friends probably just laugh at us. I was raised around this stuff and have just grown tired of it. I just like to visit it once in a while. I just had a guy up from Florida the other day buying some equipment from me and saying how he misses the four seasons. Heck, I never missed the four seasons living in Southern California.:crying:

1993Newell
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
When the weather is bad we roll down the road. Hopeful to miss it. :)

Neweller
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Ed and Melba you have the right idea. We have about 8-10" right now and it is still coming down. And this is nothing compared to what some areas are seeing. I heard two feet in areas in Kansas. They say this storm is affecting over 30 million of us. Good thing many of us went shopping yesterday. I don't mind it when I get to stay inside and it's warm. They are just a little slow in our area for getting the roads cleared around here and better have a 4wd. I have driven in some pretty rough weather over the years especially up in Alaska, so I'm well versed in this stuff.

CAPTWatson
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
The weather is crazy all over the country. I'm tired of winter and ready for spring!

FJGuard
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm sure ready for some better weather myself. We've been getting slammed this year with storm after storm after storm.:cursing: Spring where are you?!!!!

MrE
02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Cute Ken, I wish I was too!

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful :flapper:

Neweller
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
It could be HOT and she's bitching about the mosquito's?:flapper: I'm just dreaming about being in Ecuador!:thumbup:

Couple of more inches added to the pile! Might as well go for broke!

folivier
02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Yeah well, it's no fun sitting here in the rain either.
We plan to head out the first week in March. Probably go towards Moab. Colorado will probably be too snowed in, but we have to be in Denver the first part of May.

Neweller
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Got another foot plus of snow last night and I'm currently on my Android phone. $hit is buried! We lost power a few hours ago. Good thing I shipped out everyone's parts yesterday.

Randy J
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Stay warm friend. Stay warm.

MrE
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
You may have shipped them yesterday, but they're probably not moving very fast right now, if at all.

Got another foot plus of snow last night and I'm currently on my Android phone. $hit is buried! We lost power a few hours ago. Good thing I shipped out everyone's parts yesterday.

Neweller
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Jon, that be true! Well at least they are hopefully on trucks and depending on what route have made it somewhere. Now Mike's shifter probably has a white-out route. Actually, crap ones going to Colorado and New Mexico and that is probably white-out too!

The question is, since when does a storm come from the south bring snow? I'm so used to snow coming from the North.

1993Newell
02-26-2013, 08:16 PM
is this you right about now ken? 3453lol!

Neweller
02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Ed and Melba, that is pretty darn close to what's going on. lol! The crazy thing is I have a down track loader sitting dead with a hydraulic problem, and sold the new tractor last fall so there is nothing to plow the driveway with and three of us have been shoveling snow to try and keep a path available in case of an emergency. It's coming down right now as I type this out in the van charging the phones and the laptop off the inverter. It's ironic, don't you think? Now there is 20" and counting! Power is still off and it even gets more ironic...............

rellick
02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Wow, usually its us getting that kind of weather! We have had spring like conditions for about a month, even had to break out the rubber boots! Knock on wood! I'm sure were still in for some nasty weather before spring. I hope the weather turns for the better for you very soon Ken and whoever else is having to deal with the snow!

larryweikart
02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
3454Not spring yet! Heading for Fl. Sunday so had to take a little time out to play in the snow! I may be getting older, but, I refuse to grow up!

Neweller
02-28-2013, 02:47 AM
Larry, that's damn good!!rollinglol Gotta love it. I always told myself I love to visit the snow on my own terms. But it's not all that bad, just a little ill prepared.

Here's couple of picks starting with what we had already on Monday from last week and then Tuesday. Today was kind of a wet snow and it washed away most of the two inches on the cars from last night. Total we had around 20". I definitely seen worse but wasn't ready for this one. I even had my truck high centered and stuck about three different times. Today we got her off the property and went to Walmart for a few needed items. Power is back on!

Same tree with first snow and then Tuesdays snow.

This is the truck after it was cleaned and my youngest removing the last of the snow from when it was buried. It took two more attempts to get it lined up on the lower portion of the driveway.

This is a 28' enclosed trailer with its tires hidden in snow. And the down track-loader not being of any use.:crying:

larryweikart
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow Ken, that's a bunch and when it's that wet it is difficult to move! Nice truck, by the way.

NewellCrazy
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow ken you got enough snow to open your own ski resort lol ;)

Neweller
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
The funny thing is the poor little Jack Russells have to go out of there way to go take care of whatever their business may be as they can't hop through the snow very well. Even the neighbors Ridgeback travels via the cleared areas when coming over for a visit.

A nice generator in a beautiful luxury Newell coach would have been a tall order for back up during this little fiasco without power. We have about 13,000 watts of solar panels sitting in crates not doing a bit of good with everything to build a couple nice solar systems and the plan was to install at least half of it this spring. As I mentioned in another post on previously, we are seriously considering selling everything we own and living in a Newell when in the states and the rest of the time in South America. Been thinking about the best choice in the south for a storing a coach when not in use.

littlebit
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Ken

We house ours right outside of Dallas Texas on I 30 in Rockwall Texas

WWW.premierparkplace.com (http://www.premierparkplace.com)

easy on off freeway, good management/ownership, 24/7 access, security, with good access to DFW for International flights

1993Newell
02-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow that's a heck of a lot.

1993Newell
02-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Find a nice beach and build yourself a sandman!

Neweller
03-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Well, might as well share the bright white news. We got another 8" last night and we just heard there is another 6-10" coming our way between tonight and Monday. Our neighbors been out clearing our main road out to the highway which is what he did during the last storm for us. We lost our phone and internet last night and the power went out in the middle of the night until late this morning. I had to use my mobile device until things came back up. Now we are filling jugs and such for back up water, making sure all laundry and things are tidy in case we go down again. I keep telling myself that this is supposed to be 1st world, but it feels like we are going backwards on some things. I can only imagine if the grid went down how chaotic it would be. People are so caught with their pants down on just these storms, what will they do when some serious SHTF?

Leeann J
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Good question what will they do? It would be a chaotic mess. I hope nothing that extreme where to happen. But that might be wishful thinking? Randy and I keep our coach stocked with food and it always gets filled before we park it. So we have somewhat of a just in case something happens plan. :ohmy:

Neweller
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Leeann, something I forgot to mention is that my cell phone, landline, internet and power were all off for a few hours. Usually my cell phone will work while the regular lines are down. I need to go find an older land line phone for when the power goes out and the phone is still on, I can use it. Most people use cordless and you have to keep the base stations powered up to use them.

The other thing that sucks is that even though I'm rural on acreage, I have city water and if the power goes out up line at a pumping station we would be screwed. I miss a water well when being out on property. But our supposed modern world is making it so difficult to have a private well, they always claim there is a problem with ground water contamination, and sure that can be an issue in places but with a surface seal and deep water well, that is total BS. You can't sell someone there own well water.

I know when this is all over, we will be rebuilding our road again. I couldn't get a Newell coach in here for nothing with the way the road is currently damaged. We were planning on building another driveway down at the bottom of our property to allow guest to come in and park by the pond and have a way to turn around to get out which is not currently possible. But the family thinks we should sell or trade everything and get out of Dodge.

Charlotte Rosita
03-24-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't mind the snow when I can sit in my warm and cozy house. When I have to go into that's another story. We all know that ND always gets its fare share of winter weather. Grab a cup of hot cocoa, coffee or tea and sit by the fire. :D Getting out of dodge is always a good plan too. I have some family down in Argentina!