PDA

View Full Version : rear airbags will not inflate

Newell Attack
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM
The rear airbags will not inflate on our Classic Newell MH. The air gauge is sticking around 60PSI.

Right now I am hunting for leaks,

Jeff

Gimpy
02-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Jeff you must have an air leak. It's time to break out your soap and water and find that leak.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
02-28-2013, 10:15 PM
This happened to me last year when none of the rear air bags would inflate. Simple solution when I discovered that I had the dash toggle switch in the down position which is supposed to just empty the air on the tag bags. Apparently it not only emptied the tag bags but also the drive bags.

77newell
03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
When both rear bags won't inflate it has to be something they have in common since they have separate leveling circuits, both when parked and on the road. One thing not mentioned yet is the possibility that there may be a one way valve between the wet tank and the tank supplying the leveling system. If that valve were to be stuck mostly closed it might produce the 60psi you are indicating. If a leak were to be dropping the pressure that low I suspect you would hear it readily and that your pump would have to run continuously. If neither of those are present I would be thinking restriction in the supply rather than looking for a leak.