PDA

View Full Version : RV Parking Restrictions

Brewers
03-11-2013, 05:05 PM
I wonder if there are restrictions about parking such a large vehicle on a residential driveway? I'm just looking for general information, not related to a specific state/county as I may move from my current location.

MrE
03-11-2013, 05:16 PM
If it isn't sticking out over the sidewalk or into the street, you would need to check homeowner CC&Rs for any place that interested you. Keep in mind that many CC&Rs aren't worth the paper they're printed on, especially if they haven't been 100% enforced.

1993Newell
03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
If you have some picky neighbors they will make sure it's enforced! :rolleyes:

Vantare
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
it's better to check with local authorities for wherever you're at or may move and be sure. In any case though, there are usually places where you could store it all over the country.

Newellin Thunder
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Another idea is to bring it home and park it outside your house and see if neighborhood watch stops by or calls you in. rollinglol Chances are you will find out real quick if it's allowed or not :o

GypsyCliff
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
<tbody>
It depends on the HOA rules, if any, where you live. Some places wont let you park anything outside your garage. Some won't let you park even a pick up truck. On the other hand, I park my 38 foot newell coach at my house under a roof over. Again, it simply depends on the rules.

Cliff

</tbody>

77newell
03-12-2013, 02:44 AM
The municipalities around where I live just north of Detroit each have their own limitations on what and where parking of RV's can occur. Some allow it only if it is inside a building - good luck with that at 45ft, some allow it if the front is behind the front line of the house,l others require it to be behind the house. I checked when we moved here a few years ago. It is also true that there are two forms of the law, that which is on paper and that which is enforced. The only way to get started is to see what city regulations are and then cruise around and see what is parked where.