PDA

View Full Version : Never trust a photo copier...

Randy J
03-19-2013, 03:39 AM
This is pretty scary! :cursing:

http://youtu.be/TCKr5WgVVN8

cdat
03-19-2013, 03:54 AM
That is really scary, wonder how much the price on used copiers just went up, what with all the new identity thieves buying them.

Neweller
03-19-2013, 04:01 AM
It's freaking nuts! Can you imagine how many millions of copiers have been sold since they started putting hard drives in them? Most people would never know. I have leased and purchased from companies like Minolta and they never mentioned it to me. I have bought stuff from the government and the only thing that they would tell us that had hard drives removed were some of the computers. How many from the military sold through companies like govliquidation.com have made it into the wrong hands? Can you imagine how many containers of them get exported? Maybe secret to top secret information to China etc.... $300.00 has been a fairly magic dollar to buy them for years. It's pretty sad when you figure how many tens of thousands of dollars companies spend to lease one through it cycle again and again, and they are not even cleaned. They look just like a simple computer hard drive, that's nothing to change out and destroy the old ones.

JustDustin
03-19-2013, 05:23 PM
This is nuts! It should be mandatory for all copiers to have where it automatically deletes the information. Why does it need to be a $500.00 add on option? This is peoples private information! Why do they even need a hard drive? :thumbdn:

NewellCrazy
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
That's enough to make someone shart their pants knowing your personal information could be up for grabs and floating around the internet.

stewart33
03-20-2013, 09:38 PM
What no bottom photo copied images?! So I guess that only happens in the movies? lol!