PDA

View Full Version : Air leak solenoid box

cdat
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
I have what appears to be an air leak in the engine compartment on my 91 Newell. On the forward bulkhead wall on the engine compartment is an electrical box with 6 solenoids on it evidently an air actuated solenoid set-up, not sure what it controls. I can hear air leaking in the box, or appears to be an air leak. Has anybody taken this apart, what does this control and what am I looking at as far as diss-assembly and reassembly?

thanks

Neweller
03-19-2013, 05:00 PM
John, snap a pic of it and upload some shots of these issues if you don't mind. I don't mean on everything, but a picture is worth a 1000 words. Also helps those with similar problems in the future. It should be the valves for your air leveling? Most any of the systems with solenoids are repairable/replaceable, but?

cdat
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM
I will do that when I get the coach back, good idea.
John

prairieschooner
03-19-2013, 10:47 PM
2 Bucks says that it is your Air Ride/Leveling Valves.

chockwald
03-20-2013, 12:55 AM
I agree with Steve....sounds like your leveling/ride height valves....they do get tired.....had to replace mine a year ago.

GORDON HUMMEL
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
There are many posts on this form on this issue. I suggest you do a search & review what has been discussed in the past as it should answer most, if no all questions. As I recall, the last price for a solonoid assy from Newell, the only source, was $125. If Yours is like mine, there is also a regulator going to the trans that was leaking on mine. It is above the 6 packs & leaked when the trans was put in gear!

After fighting leaks for years, I have been working on an entire new setup, using different solonoids @ $20ea. I have had it working all winter & so far so good.
More later on that