PDA

View Full Version : All Electric Newell Coach

Geckos
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Looking at an all electric newell coach. . This will be our first MH and we are not really sure about the all electric. We like to camp at state parks and maybe even try some boondocking. Not sure if all electric would be good for that. Any one have any insight, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Richard

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
From the standpoint of boondocking, the A/C units require the generator in any case, the Aqua-Hot handles heating and hot water as well as any propane units, which leaves the refrigerator, ice maker, range and oven for comparison. There may be a small trade off between the cost of propane and diesel, but I prefer the electric coach for safety reasons, and the quiet generator and large diesel supply works for me.

Will Procter
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Most of the state parks only have 30 amp service. I would make sure you can run at least one A/C along with the frig and water heater at the same time on 30 amp. It you have induction cook top you would most likely need to turn off the air in order to cook when connected to 30 amp.

Not a big deal as long as you know about it ahead of time.

Will

Novice Traveler
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Another consideration: a number of the federal parks have no electric (glacier and all the 'rustic' campgrounds around Yellowstone) and have restricted hours that you can run a generator.

Geckos
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the information. That's kind of what we thought.