PDA

View Full Version : Microphor Toilet Repair

Archie T. Hogan
04-10-2013, 05:07 PM
My toilet will no longer hold water in the bowl. I assume this is an idicator that that flapper gasket or whatever is called needs to be replaced. Has anyone had this issue, what's involved and do I have to pull the toilet to fix it?

Archie

1995 Newell Coach

NewellCrazy
04-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Leakage may correct itself. Normally caused by a small bit of TP being trapped in rubber grooved seal.

ccjohnson
04-10-2013, 07:37 PM
You can get some owners sheets from Microphor railroad, marine, RV and bus plumbing products, Microflush low flow toilets, heads, faucets, waste systems, custom manufacturing, roadside weed sprayers (http://www.microphor.com) also.

Will Procter
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I have heard that the groove can be cleaned with a small Allen key. Not sure of the size but that can't be too hard to figure out.

Neweller
04-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Archie is yours a LF210/220 by chance? You could need a new flapper valve assembly which should be less than $50. If you just need a new flapper, the replacements are a stick-on piece vs. the original having little nubs that are pushed through holes, and there is no need to disassemble the toilet when replacing it.

I'm also guessing you may be leaking air and it is causing your air compressor to kick on too often. What others have done is remove the toilet, clean and inspect everything including the air & water sequence valve, your seals may just be dry. Microphor recommends lubing the seals every five years and replacing them every ten years.

Rebuilding them is fairly straightforward and reasonable in cost. It's supposed to be money well spent. If you have air handy, you can hook air up the toilet while it is out with water connected and test everything while it is out of the coach to check the seal after cleanup or repairs.

We have the manuals here in the forum for you to view or print out for your convenience.

Let us know if there is anything else you need help on with this. We are all here for you.