PDA

View Full Version : Aquahot leaking under coach

Gary&Terry
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I noticed that my Aquahot is leaking under the coach. Initial evaluation is that it is coolant. It is not diesel fuel based on the feel and smell. Today I will try to look underneath to see where it's coming out. I realize that will not mean much because it may be flowing from somewhere else to wherever it is coming out. I checked my overflow tank and it is empty I just filled it up from empty two ago I guess that should have been cause for alarm. Anyone have good ideas on where to start looking. If there are no simple ideas, this may be a big enough problem that I need to take it someplace rather than tear the whole thing apart myself. Full timers don't have the option of a nicely equipped garage and the flexibility of timing on this kind of thing.

So, what do you guys think?

Gary

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
04-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Sometime the radiator cap is bad and the hose to the overflow cracks or comes loose. I refilled the radiator, but forgot to take fluid out of the overflow and when it got hot, the overflow tank spilled over.

NewellCrazy
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
you can tell diesel by the smell. If it doesn't stink of diesel, its boiler fluid. The Aqua hot doesn't use standard anti-freeze, it uses a food safe type (called GRAS or Generally Recognized as Safe) at a concentration that will convey heat pretty well. If you are leaking boiler fluid. (The fluid expands as it heats), Check your radiator cap which allows accumulation of a few pounds pressure in the tank and that slight pressure probably found a leak that isn't there w/out the pressure.

Wheeler
04-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Gary did you get this fixed/figured out?