PDA

View Full Version : How About a Custom 1987 Classic Newell with a Slide-Out?

Neweller
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Would anyone like a Super Classic Newell Luxury Coach with one or maybe two slide-outs? It surely can be done! Take a peak at how a late eighties will look with a slide and other custom ques. Tell me what you think and if you would like to own something like this.

JustDustin
04-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Wow Ken that is something else. I believe people would line up to own a Classic Newell with slides and other custom additions. How can someone get these types of additions done?

NewellCrazy
04-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Where's the

speedingsport
04-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Seriously? That's kick@ss! :thumbup:

GringoPhil
04-12-2013, 02:04 AM
This is something my wife and I are extremely interested in & allow us to keep our classic newell. Lately we have contemplated selling our newell and moving up to a coach with slides. Been eying some Prevost XLII's because we want that classic exterior look but with slides of course. Ken, What does it take to install slides on our older Newells?

Check your PM's

Phil

Viva Las Vegas JDR
04-12-2013, 04:50 AM
In the end it comes down to dollars & cents. Total, what kind of money are we talking for slides? Wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade to a newer coach?

JDR

77newell
04-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I live just off Woodward Avenue north of Detroit, home of the Woodward Dream Cruise in mid-August each year. It's the largest one day automobile event in the whole world (30-35,000 vehicles and about a million people). The amount of time and money people spend customizing their old cars (mainly 50's through the 70's) is amazing. By and large most of this effort and money is an expenditure not an investment that will pay off in the future except in terms of enjoyment.

At some point our motorhomes themselves can be our hobby, sort of a collector car that's our daily camper. From that reference point the judgement is can I afford it, do I like it, will my spouse kill me? If the answer to the first two is "yes" and the answer to the third is no worse than "maybe" then you are good to go.

My wife and I have loved the attention our 77 coach gets in campgrounds and other stops. People are really intrigued to the point we've thought about posting an announcement on the front telling the time of the "open house" so we don't have to keep things ship-shape all the time but still enjoy the fascination people have with our vintage coach. I think adding a slide-out would add to that fascination. It wouldn't be cheap but then we could have our cake and eat it too.

MrE
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
From that reference point the judgement is can I afford it, do I like it, will my spouse kill me? If the answer to the first two is "yes" and the answer to the third is no worse than "maybe" then you are good to go.:thumbsup:rollinglol

86loco
04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Wow! I'm really liking it Ken! Both of you Jon's have got that part right!

I'd like to know more about the possibilities of doing something like this. I'm thinking about what Jon is saying about lookers, we always like that and we know it will most likely go away with a 2000 series Newell figuring most individuals wouldn't recognize one from other class A's. It's only if they know what a Newell is do you get much attention otherwise.

Neweller
04-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, I'm glad a couple of you like the idea. :thumbsup:

It really comes down to what Jon (77Newell) and Brady (86loco) stated. This is pretty much my thinking on the matter as well. Really what is the difference between a 90-95 2000 Series vs. 86-89 Classic for example, other then the early 2000 Series having been squared off, maybe raised a tad, taller more expensive windshields and lengthened. Newell interiors haven't changed all that much between those years and even later ones. Mid '95 and on got the Series 60, which can also be remedied. Anything and everything else can be upgraded and beyond.

This would also really be a cool idea for someone wanting a shorter Newell and the not a Goliath 45 footer but have their slides. If you like the Classic but have dreamed about slides, here is your opportunity. This can be done for a lot less than you would think and a lot less than you would have to pay for a '98 and later Newell Coach. You can also add your own dream finishing touches.

Now, just like with the engine upgrades, if your dream Newell is a wonderful stock build model just like out of the factory than that is all good too! I'm not trying to twist anyone's arms here as to upgrades beyond a stock supposed custom factory Newell. This is for the guy that loves cars like a Mercedes but opts for the Braeburn edition or the guy the loves a GTO but opted for a Judge etc.... You should get my point. It's called custom custom and truly one of a kind luxury coach just like doing a bus conversion from mild to wild. Or ordering a new Newell from 1.6 to 2.2 million dollars.

So, what's your pleasure or desire in a luxury coach???

rellick
04-12-2013, 08:08 PM
:thumbsup:I like it a lot Ken!! Like I said in prevoius posts custom personalized is where its at for me!!

jWolfe
04-13-2013, 01:17 AM
That's pretty darn cool. Especially when you are talking adding a slide or two.

NEWELLWIZARD
04-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Very cool! I would love to see a classic Newell coach done up like this in person.

SharkRacing
04-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Very cool! I would love to see a classic Newell coach done up like this in person.

I would too! Who's up?

Randy J
04-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I like it!!! :thumbsup:

Maxwell55
04-14-2013, 07:11 PM
dog-gone-it ken i need one, i want one. yes sir.