PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With My 1999 Newell Coach Purchase

Yachts
05-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Looks like I have found my luxury coach... I did a thorough inspection tonight and came up with the following issues...

drivers air and back up camera don't turn on,, do they share a common fuse?? they are located adjacent to each other...

- Red "level" light was on the entire test drive.

- ABS light was on.

- The backup water pump , 12 volt? wouldn't work.

- Plunger that locks fridge door in place is not working.

Does anyone think any of these are Major issues? I'll call the Newell Coach factory in the morning for their 2 cents worth of help, but i would love some help from others..

86loco
05-01-2013, 03:26 AM
What years the coach??

Yachts
05-01-2013, 03:30 AM
'99 no-slide. The post has been updated.

Thank you.

MrE
05-01-2013, 03:31 AM
:dito: We would love to help, but you need to provide more information.

"red 'level' light was on the entire test drive" probably just because the 'level' switch was 'on'.

Yachts
05-01-2013, 03:36 AM
ok I'm gonna need some refresher help my last one was a 1996 Newell Coach and that was 10 years ago..lolol i may have inadvertently turned that on..my seller isn't overly proficient..lol

Neweller
05-01-2013, 03:50 AM
So how did she look over all. I know the coach you are talking about and some small details on her. Doesn't sound like anything major. Possibly a ABS wheel sensor if everything else on the brakes work well.

Yachts
05-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Everything else is great...i may just run it over to the Newell factory next week and have them fix those last couple of things.. I'm paying too much but i like the coach...anyone have ideas why drivers air conditioning and rear back-up camera both would be dead? he said they both were working last week..

NewellCrazy
05-01-2013, 04:10 AM
What was his asking price if you don't mind me asking.

Sean

Neweller
05-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Did you get him down below 90K? The camera is probably just a loose connection if it was just working. The air could be a fuse issue and I kind of doubt they are on the same fuse but it's possible. I figured you would throw some major things at us. lol. If all the other systems check out and there is no corrosion or major mechanicals going on, you may have a winner. I know we spoke with the guy when he was down in Quartzsite a few months ago and I thought it had reasonable hours on the genset. Actually, it could be a connection between the two. This would be an easy fix and that dash is cake to work on.

MrE
05-01-2013, 04:43 AM
everything else is great...i may just run it over to newell next week and have them fix those last couple of things.. im paying too much but i like the coach...anyone have ideas why drivers air and rear camera both would be dead? he said they both were working last week..

I'm thinking your seller might just be playing dumb, tell him that if the drivers air and rear camera were both working last week that you expect that he would have no problem either fixing them himself or footing the bill at Newell.

Neweller
05-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Jon, I think you may be right. The thing is that if he did not drop the price to where I am sure he would go, then he could at least throw in some tidying up over at Newell. I personally know that he raised the price 20k after bringing it out east from Quartzsite. Yachts, if you haven't closed the deal, which I doubt you have unless you gave him a deposit then just PM me or call me and I'll give you the little bit of info I have on it.

Billy Bussman
05-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Appears to have a nice salon or living area. Without slides it may be one heck of a deal.

GORDON HUMMEL
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
ABS light staying on is a typical problem, usually caused by an out of adjustment wheel sensor. You can download the blink codes from the WABCO web site for info on how to correct

afrench45
05-04-2013, 05:00 AM
I remember seeing this coach at Newell probably 2-3 years ago. They original owners were trading it for an 09' 4 slide, that'd be a big upgrade!
Congratulations on your purchase, looks well maintained!

Yachts
05-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Thank you,, just got home from a roast trip with friends in it.. Absolutely loved it!!